Monday, January 05, 2009

Mumbai Dreams

I came to Mumbai a couple of weeks back, for my cousin's wedding. It was simply wonderful - the ceremonies, the laughter, the celebration etc. I met up with my relatives and long lost friends. It was a trip down memory lane for me, visiting our old "Udipi" (south Indian cuisine) restaurant. Our old waiter there had now become the manager. He came upto me and reminded me of the good old days, when I used to always spill water and he had to clean it. It was great to meet him. He to me symbolized Mumbai - the large, confident strides that the city has taken irrespective of the multiple roadblocks presented by terrorists, politicians and the lot. I can see Mumbai being compared to Shanghai, New York and London in a couple of decades. It will need a lot of effort from all concerned, but it will happen.

It is time for me to depart from my original home to my foster home tonight. Mumbai - I will be back soon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home