Sunday, January 18, 2009

Movies seen this week

I returned to the US of A on the 6th of January, and since then have seen 4 movies (that I can think of). My new years resolution is to do one thing everyday that makes me happy. That combined with this biting cold winter made me watch a few movies since my return.

1. Seven pounds: Had a choice between this and Walkyrie and unfortunately watched the former. It was B-O-R-I-N-G. Will Smith is competent (as is expected of him), but the movie was a let down. It dragged a bit and the focus was on just a couple of characters. I believe the plot could have been handled better.

2. Forgetting Sarah Marshall: This was an OK movie - the plot is flimsy, but Mila Kunis is HOT. Watching her move on the screen was in itself money's worth. It is a one-time watch.

3. Chandni Chowk to China: One of the most hyped movies to come out of Bollywood, it is a senseless comedy. If you go for the movie with zero expectations and keep your brain out, you will enjoy it. I was laughing during the serious scenes as well. There is a lot of unintentional comedy going on. Akshay Kumar is good, but that's it.

4. Consenting Adults: This is an old movie with Kevin Kline and Kevin Spacey (one of my all-time favorite actors). It was a good movie, taut with an element of mystery. It was fun to watch. Just wish the ladies would've been hotter...

Next on my wish list is Slumdog Millionaire - a movie about the "harsh reality" of the city of Mumbai. I haven't watched it, but a lot of have told me that it is a bit unfair due to the fact that it just shows the "ugly" side of the city. Mumbai is about hope too. It is about opportunities. It is about hard work getting rewarded. I will be watching Slumdog soon, to decide for myself. Has Danny Boyle done any injustice to the city???


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home